“…be weird, people are watching…”
Sometimes you just wander through an endless desert called life… Heat is intense and everything is far from being pleasent. Your constant sweating drowns you… in the slowest way possible. Drowning at a place where there’s no water. It’s hell on Earth without a parole… and you seem to be sentenced for life. Then, you come across a single red rose in the middle of the desert. It’s out of place but you don’t care… you realize that even the wildest dreams can come true and it has nothing to do with faith. It is rare but possible… like diseases that hit one in a million and you’re the sole winner….or loser. There are many more roses in the desert… oases…where there is water, too. Keep going or else you will be stuck stampeding your own footprints and you’ll sink…
The human kind has always had a darker side. A blotch in the soul fueled by violence, greed, jealousy, pride… and such. Our souls have long been contaminated. Perhaps, that’s why it stinks when we fart; it’s just the scent of our rotting spirit trapped inside a prison called ribcage. We all have moments when our evil deeds emerge… wanting just to be pure evil.
Well, good news!
There are ways to feed our dark side, be the evil incarnate and still get away with it even when we are caught.
1. Kill….. time with people you love. It really doesn’t matter what you do. Being together should suffice on its own…
2. Steal….. someone’s heart. Love is still the best medicine out there for our souls even if we do stupid things or it ends badly. Live for the experience.
3. Break all the rules….. of society. You are defined only by you and yourself only.
4. Lie….. on the meadows, watching clouds linger by slowly and spend time alone, just thinking. Sometimes, you only need yourself.
5. Hack…… life itself. Try to find easier and more convenient solutions for any problem you come accross.
6. Poach…… eggs in a frying pan. Nothing beats starting the day with a good breakfast.
7. Kidnap….. your own inner child and never let go until you die.
8. Bribe…. your loved ones with soft kisses and hugs as often as possible.
Soothe your demon…
No more wars… Eternal peace on Earth… Is it even remotely possible? Not every human is fond of wars, as nothing good ever comes out of them. But, most are… Perhaps, not directly vouching for wars, but admiring violence in forms of entertainment. In ancient Rome, it was the gladiators and in modern times, through films, video games and paintball (The last one was a joke). Perhaps, that’s because we humans are ultimately divergent amongst each other; just like different species trying to live with each other. Imagine two armies of hedgehogs on a battlefield, with both sworn to crush the other or a huge field of sun flowers staring at each other with intentions of gutting (perhaps, this is not the right word to use for sun flowers) its opponent. It will never happen as they are the same species. But, humans? Have we evolved backwards on the way or are we different species amongst us indeed? I believe some of us don’t belong here and never have… Don’t the stars on a pitch black night amaze you? If yes, is it because you are into astronomy or simply… Do you feel homesick?
Some people always feel alone although they are surrounded by people (but of different species) all the time. We are constantly searching for fellow-minded people, but we are stuck on an alien world and bound by gibberish rules invented by the natives called “society”. The anagram of “society” is “yeticos”; a word that does not mean anything… just like the concept of society.
We are doomed…
Living and dying…There isn’t much difference after all. We, the living are not that different from the dead!… if not worse. At least the dead are remembered, commemorated, idolized and valued while the living are trapped in a vicious circle of routine: working hard, paying bills for stuff that we can’t find time to enjoy, trying our best to be appreciated by society and looking for love in all the wrong places… We are defined and refined by society and cannot or will not act otherwise. We all die alone and that’s the only time we can free ourselves from the tight grip of the unspoken rules of society. Dying is a unique act that can be done individually. It’s like a one-person invitation to a posh party.
Don’t get me wrong! I am not suggesting that we should all die… but we should definitely do something to change our lives for the better. Ignore what society demands, and live our lives as we wish. The dead can do it (minus living)… we are much more able…we can tailor the society to meet our needs… Here are some tips:
1. Always be honest to people. We all need to hear the truth…
2. Do what you want not what the neighbours would like you to do…
3. Eat as you wish… your soul does not put on weight. It’s always 21 grams…
4. Feel pain if you need to. It differentiates you from the dead.
5. Try new things. You are not your great-grand father… Adapt…in a fun way.
6. Find like-minded people and spend time with them. Learn from them at every opportunity.
7. Make fun of things… life is not something that should be taken seriously.
8. Brush your teeth at least three times a day. (This is for my young readers).
9. Drop me a line… I always listen…
And…never give up…