There are about 7 billion people (if not more) dominating our planet with each of them having some uniqueness although we are not all that different. Each person has the same capacity to learn regardless of gender, age or race. It’s the conditions that we’re born into that defines our inclination and motivation to reach success easily. Provide the ultimate conditions to everyone equally than we will realize that we are more than alike. We are not sisters or brothers… we are the same – the pieces of a single, shattered entity: The fragments of a single soul.
Here are some points to back up my theory:
1. Think of drops of water and an ocean. Are the drops individual or is the ocean one? or are drops just fragments of the huge ocean?
2. We are stronger when we are together or act in numbers just like bees in a colony, working for their society. There’s always a hive queen among us that we dedicate our lives to even if we are not aware; sometimes in the form of a boss, a strong love interest or a common parent. They are the brain and we are the body, working to ensure its survival.
3. We seem like individuals but in reality we are highly social beings (even bragging requires at least one more person) Perhaps we are always longing for the missing fragments we got separated from.
4. Hatred is taught to us, just as love is. So, we all start life from the same point as newborns. We take different paths as we are taught in the process.
5. We all suffer the same, but show our pain differently as if some people got more emotions while others got more endurance and immunity towards such pain maybe because we were shattered into unequal pieces.
6. Even in language, the word “everyone” is singular despite it includes every single person.
Still not convinced?
Then, put the flora and the fauna into the mix and reconsider. Perhaps, we are just one big planet and we have tinier roles in existence.
One thought on “Fractions of a single soul”
Beautiful : )